The latest edition of the IODA Class Rules is now available on line.
The new rules apply with immediate effect.
There have been some minor changes/clarifications:
1. Mainsheet blocks may have a maximum of 2 sheaves
2. A compass may now also include a timing device, but this may be overridden by the Organising Authority
3. Multiple rings on the boomspan are now specifically permitted, but they must be tied in place and not able to slip. The mainsheet block cannot be moved between the rings during racing.
4. IODA has firmed up the bailer rule at last – it now specifically states that each bailer must be individually tied onto the boat.
5. Finally there is some tidying up of the wording regarding sail dimensions
IOCA Technical Officer